HOW TO REGISTER AS VOTER ( the Voter registration is closed)

Legislative Council Elections - Are you a Graduate?
Please apply to become a voter, NOW!
Hurry! Last date for applying is December 15th, 2006

STEP 1: Find out your graduate constituency

Depending on your place of residence (and not the place of your graduation), you belong one of the following graduates? constituencies:

1. Srikakulam-Vijayanagaram-Vishakhapatnam Graduates? Constituency
2. East Godavari ? West Godavari Graduates? Constituency
3. Krishna ? Guntur Graduates? Constituency
4. Prakasam ? Nellore ? Chittoor Graduates? Constituency
5. Kadapa ? Anantapur ? Kurnool Graduates? Constituency
6. Mahboobnagar ? Ranga Reddy ? Hyderabad Graduates? Constituency
7. Medak-Nizamabad-Adilabad-Karimnagar Graduates? Constituency
8. Warangal-Khammam-Nalgonda Graduates? Constituency

STEP 2: You are eligible only if:

You have graduated from any Indian university, or possess equivalent qualifications as on or before November 1, 2003. (Please verify the date on your graduation certificate. Keep the original certificate and/or marks sheet handy!).

The degrees, diplomas and courses that are considered equivalent to graduation listed at the website. The list can also be obtained from your nearest MRO/MPDO/MEO/ RDO/DRO/Collectorate/Commissionerate offices.

Step 3: Fill out the Form 18 completely

How to get Form 18? to download the Form 18. Just take a printout and fill in the details.

Printed Form 18 copies are also available for a nominal price, at the office of your Collector/Municipal Commissioner/Municipal Corporation/District Election Officers/DRO/RDO.

You can also submit your application in a cyclostyled or typewritten format or even by carefully writing the entire application by hand.

STEP 4: Attach your graduation certificate to Form 18

After completely filling Form 18, attach a photostat copy of your graduation degree, diploma or equivalent certificate. Keep the original certificate with you while submitting your Form 18.

What if you don?t possess your original graduation certificate?

You can submit any of the following documents in place of your graduation certificate: A photostat copy of the certificate attested by a gazetted officer.

OR A self-attested copy of your marks sheet granted by the University or Institution. It should clearly show that you have passed all examinations to qualify for a degree. Please bring the original marks sheet for verification.

OR You can submit an affidavit (better to get it signed by a Notary or a Magistrate) claiming that you have graduated from a University/Institution. This should be accompanied up by a letter/certification issued by the Registrar of the University or Principal of the College where you have studied from.

OR A copy of the Roll of Advocates, the Register of Medical Practitioners, the register of Chartered Accountants, the register of Engineers maintained by Institute of Engineers and likewise, showing your name clearly. (It is better to get this copy certified by the Head/Chief Executive or the issuing authority.)

Are you a government employee? In case you are a government employee, you can submit any of the following documents in place of your graduation certificate:

A copy of the entry in the Government record. This entry copy should specify the degree possessed by you and should be attested by your Head of Office (gazette rank).

OR A certificate issued to you by the gazetted Head of Office on the basis of entries in the Government records in her/his custody. This copy should specify the degree possessed by you. (This certificate can be taken from the document titled ?Public Notice Dated 16-10-2006? given in the website.)

OR A copy of an entry in the record of statutory bodies, corporations or public undertakings. This copy should specify the degree possessed by you and should be attested by your Head of Office (gazette rank).

Step 5: Submit your application

Personally visit your nearest RO/MPDO/MEO/RDO/DRO/Collectorate/Commissionerate office with all the necessary application. You can get the names, office addresses and phone numbers of your constituency?s Electoral Registration Officers and Assistant Electoral Registration officers by referring to the document titled ?Public Notice Dated 16-10-2006? given in the website.

Visit these offices during normal office hours. These offices will be open on all working days up to November 6th, 2006, which is the last date for submission of applications. For the convenience of applicants, these offices will also be open on 29th October (Sunday) and 5th November (Sunday).


:- Form 18 applications made in bulk or on behalf of others are generally not accepted.
:- To avoid rejections and/or delays, it is better to submit your application in person.

:- Submit your completed Form 18 and attachments. Produce your original graduation certificate so that the Designated Officer can visually inspect it and verify the attested copy you have submitted.

:- The Designated Officer will scrutinize the original and the copy submitted and formally note either ?Verified with original and found correct? or ?Verified with original and found not correct. Rejected.?


You need to register as voter to participate in voting to elect Representaitive(MLC) for graduates constituency. MLC stands for Member of Legislative Coucil. There are total 90 MLC Seats and tenure is 4 years. Out of which 8 are graduates constituencies, 8 are teachers constituencies and rest are elected by MLAs and public representatives. Elections will be held sometime in February You can register your graduate vote From November 22nd to December 15 th, 2006

I have been getting several enquiries on how to register as a voter for MLC Elections. Here is the procedure. You need following to get registered as voter.

The Required documents are

  • Form 18
  • Residence Proof( should be resident of Hyderabad/Ranga Reddy/Mahaboob Nagar districts
  • Degree Certificate

- Fill the Graduate Voters Registration Form 18: form18( graduates voters registration) You can download the form from the following location
You can take print out of it after downloading

- Copy of of Graduate degree. you should pass out your degree before or in 2003.

- Residence Proof( Telephone/current/gas/election card/passport/voter card/Post Paid Mobile Bill/PAN Card/Water Bill/Electrical Bill)

From November 22nd to December 15 th, registration of voters will happen.
You can directly submit at respective MRO office/Muncipal Office/Corporation Office or If you are ready with the above documents, we will come and pick up the documents and get your vote registered.

Contact me at or call me at 99497-62000 or 98662-69362
once you are ready with the above documents.

Attn: All Graduates of Hyderabad/Ranga Reddy/Mahboob Nagar: Register your VOTE before December 15, 2006 !!!

Dear All,

This is an important appeal to all graduates/post graduates/Phds/ (BA, BSc, BCom, BE, BTech, BCA, MBA, BBA MA, MSc, MCom, MCA, MSIT, BEd, Diploma Degree Holders etc) residing in Hyderabad/Ranga Reddy/Mahboob Nagar to register for their votes for upcoming Andhra Pradesh MLC Elections in February, 2007. This is very important for all Graduates and let us show our social responsibility to register the vote and participate in Voting

Any graduate who passed in 2003 or before


- Fill the form Form 18-
- Residence Proof( should be resident of Hyderabad/Ranga Reddy/Mahaboob
Nagar districts
- Degree Certificate Copy


- Respective MRO Office or Muncipal Office
- Corporation Office

Enrollment DATE
November 22nd to December 15 th. 2006 Last Date : December 15, 2006


Please pass this message to all your friends/relatives/associates/ collegues /HR managers/Heads/CEOs/MDs/Founders/Heads/Presidents of Companies/NGOS/Industries/Software companies/Institutes/
schools/Colleges/Universities /Managers/Principals/HR Managers






Copyright © 2006 Rajasekhar Reddy Allipuram., All rights reserved. Website is developed by RAJASEKHAR ALLIPURAM